Let’s learn how to set up a trigger that will automatically close the live chat in case the agent or the customer doesn't react in a certain amount of time.
First of all, you will need to create a trigger with the event 'message created' and delayed execution with the time to close + 1 second (i.e.120 +1)
Now we add the conditions to the trigger:
1. Excluded tags condition (same as added by the job).
2. Message direction: inbound for customer or Outbound for Agent
3. Included channel = live chat
After finishing the first set of conditions and it's time to set the delayed conditions:
1. Message reply: The message does not have a reply
2. Last Message Sent: inbound for customer or Outbound for Agent
The last step is creating the jobs for the trigger to execute.
First, you need a job to change the case status to closed
And the second job is adding a tag to the case
Once done, you just need to activate your trigger.
Need any help? Reach out to our support team!