As you know Facebook has a rule in place that doesn't allow your agents to reply to messages older than a day. In this guide, we will learn how to use workflow automation to work around this. This is applicable for both Facebook DMs and Whatsapp.
In this guide, we will create a trigger that sends an automated message to the customer, adds a tag to the message (so you can report this as well as to avoid looping) and then changes the case status to open so the case still gets assigned to an agent.
First, we create a trigger with the 'message created' event. Set up the delayed execution to 82801 (= 23 hours 1 second).
Back in the settings, click on the conditions and add the following:
1. Message direction = inbound
2. Included channels = Facebook DM / Whatsapp channels
We also need to include the delayed conditions
1. Case status = new and open
2. Last message sent = Inbound + 23h
We're done with the triggers, now we need to add the jobs.
1. Add the send message job and type your reply for customer
3. Change case status to open (to route the case to agents)
Having problems with the setup? Reach out to our support team!