Statuses show the life cycle of a request in the Brand Embassy. They appear as a coloured label in the header of the post, case or comment. Different customer inquiries can have different statuses.
When a post or case enters the system it’s automatically marked:
- New - new request without any reply from the agent.
- Open - an inquiry already assigned to an agent, but awaiting resolution. Posts are also marked like this when it is a continuation of a previous conversation previously marked ‘resolved’
Once a case is in the system, you use progress statuses to keep track of what needs to be done next:
- Pending - the agent has replied but is waiting for more information from the customer
- Escalated - the agent has replied but is waiting for more information from another department (i.e., finance, legal, etc)
- Resolved - an answer has been provided and there is no more to be done.
- Closed - once the case is closed it cannot be reopened. A new message will trigger a new case.
- Trashed - case considered irrelevant, spam or abuse which doesn’t merit a response. Note: These messages are not removed from the native platform, and are not included in reporting (except in the KPI report where you can see how many posts were trashed by the agents).
Individual messages/comments have the following statuses:
- New - when it arrives in the system
- Checked - a message that has been seen by the agent
NOTE: A post view shows multiple statuses. In the example below you can see the posts' status as well as the statuses of the cases within the posts: