What happens when a customer leaves the chat before an agent picks it up?
Well... Not much. The session stays open, the agent picks it up, responds, waits for the customer to react and then closes the session after a while because there is no answer.
This affects different things:
- The agent has this case open even though they could be working on a real case (agent occupancy)
- The metrics (FRT/RT etc) are generated for the agent even though there is no real conversation with the customer
- You never know how many chats end up abandoned
What can we do about it?
Quite a lot! And it is easy! Using the WFA we can set up the session to close before it is assigned to an agent. Such a session will in turn be reflected in the 'Number of customers abandoning LiveChat' widget and we will know how many clients leave the chat queue.
Let's get to it!
1. Create a Trigger
In the settings/ workflow automation/ triggers create a new one, select the 'case created' event and 300s (5 minutes) delayed execution (or whatever is the timeout you want to set up).
2. Select Conditions for the trigger
to choose the channel (live chat), important is the current case assignment: the case is waiting in the queue, case status: New
3. Create delayed conditions for the trigger
Copy all the conditions from the trigger conditions we set up in the previous step and add case waiting time. The value should match the delayed execution.
4. Create the job
In the settings/ Workflow automation/ jobs
Action: Change status
5. Add the job to the trigger
Back in the triggers, click the jobs and select the job
And don't forget to activate the trigger!